Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
a. The act or process of putting or storing in a tank.
b. The amount that a tank can hold.
c. A fee for tank storage.
2. Animal residues that remain after rendering fat in a slaughterhouse, used for fertilizer or feed.
1. the capacity or contents of a tank or tanks
2. the act of storing in a tank or tanks, or a fee charged for such storage
3. (Agriculture) agriculture
a. fertilizer consisting of the dried and ground residues of animal carcasses
b. a protein supplement feed for livestock
1. the capacity of a tank or tanks.
2. the act or process of storing liquid in a tank.
3. the fee for such storage.
4. the residue from tanks in which animal carcasses have been steamed and the fat rendered, used as a fertilizer.
Tankagetanks collectively, 1866; a provision or system of storage tanks.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||tankage - the quantity contained in (or the capacity of) a tank or tanks|
indefinite quantity - an estimated quantity
|2.||tankage - the charge for storing something in tanks|
charge - the price charged for some article or service; "the admission charge"
|3.||tankage - the act of storing in tanks|
storage - the commercial enterprise of storing goods and materials