taster(redirected from tasters)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. One that tastes, especially one who samples a food or beverage for quality.
2. Any of several devices or implements used in tasting.
1. a person who samples food or drink for quality
2. any device used in tasting or sampling
3. (Historical Terms) a person employed, esp formerly, to taste food and drink prepared for a king, etc, to test for poison
4. (Commerce) a sample or preview of a product, experience, etc, intended to stimulate interest in the product, experience, etc, itself: the single serves as a taster for the band's new album.
1. a person who tastes, esp. one skilled in distinguishing the qualities of wines, teas, etc., by the taste.
2. a cup or other container for taking samples to be tasted.
3. a person employed to taste food and drink prepared for a king, dictator, etc., to test for poison.
(= person) → dégustateur/trice m/f
(mainly British) (= foretaste) → avant-goût m