taster(redirected from tasters)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. One that tastes, especially one who samples a food or beverage for quality.
2. Any of several devices or implements used in tasting.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a person who samples food or drink for quality
2. any device used in tasting or sampling
3. (Historical Terms) a person employed, esp formerly, to taste food and drink prepared for a king, etc, to test for poison
4. (Commerce) a sample or preview of a product, experience, etc, intended to stimulate interest in the product, experience, etc, itself: the single serves as a taster for the band's new album.
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a person who tastes, esp. one skilled in distinguishing the qualities of wines, teas, etc., by the taste.
2. a cup or other container for taking samples to be tasted.
3. a person employed to taste food and drink prepared for a king, dictator, etc., to test for poison.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||taster - someone who samples food or drink for its quality|
critic - anyone who expresses a reasoned judgment of something
wine taster - a taster who evaluates the quality of wines
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
(= person) → dégustateur/trice m/f
(mainly British) (= foretaste) → avant-goût m
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
taster[ˈteɪstəʳ] n → assaggiatore/trice
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995