tattler(redirected from tattlers)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. One who tattles.
2. Either of two shorebirds of the genus Tringa found in Asia, Australia, and western North America, especially T. incana, noted for its loud cry.
1. a person who tattles; gossip
2. (Animals) any of several sandpipers of the genus Heteroscelus, such as H. incanus (Polynesian tattler), of Pacific coastal regions
1. a person who tattles; telltale.
2. either of two shorebirds of the genus Heteroscelus, having a loud, whistling cry.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||tattler - someone who gossips indiscreetly|
|2.||tattler - any of several long-legged shorebirds having a loud whistling cry|
sandpiper - any of numerous usually small wading birds having a slender bill and piping call; closely related to the plovers
1. A person habitually engaged in idle talk about others:
blab, gossip, gossiper, gossipmonger, newsmonger, rumormonger, scandalmonger, tabby, talebearer, taleteller, tattle, tattletale, telltale, whisperer.