tattler(redirected from tattlers)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. One who tattles.
2. Either of two shorebirds of the genus Tringa found in Asia, Australia, and western North America, especially T. incana, noted for its loud cry.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a person who tattles; gossip
2. (Animals) any of several sandpipers of the genus Heteroscelus, such as H. incanus (Polynesian tattler), of Pacific coastal regions
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a person who tattles; telltale.
2. either of two shorebirds of the genus Heteroscelus, having a loud, whistling cry.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||tattler - someone who gossips indiscreetly|
|2.||tattler - any of several long-legged shorebirds having a loud whistling cry|
sandpiper - any of numerous usually small wading birds having a slender bill and piping call; closely related to the plovers
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
1. A person habitually engaged in idle talk about others:
blab, gossip, gossiper, gossipmonger, newsmonger, rumormonger, scandalmonger, tabby, talebearer, taleteller, tattle, tattletale, telltale, whisperer.
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
tattler[ˈtætləʳ] N (= chatterbox) → charlatán/ana m/f; (= gossip) → chismoso/a m/f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007