Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to tax-exempt: Tax-exempt income, Tax-Exempt Interest, Tax-exempt money market fund, Tax-Exempt Organizations, Tax-Exempt Bonds, Tax-Exempt Securities
1. Not subject to taxation, as the capital or income of a philanthropic organization.
2. Producing interest that is exempt from income tax: tax-exempt bonds.
A tax-exempt security.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Accounting & Book-keeping) (of an income or property) exempt from taxation
2. (Accounting & Book-keeping) (of an asset) earning income that is not subject to taxation
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. not subject or liable to taxation.
2. providing income that is not taxable.n.
3. a tax-exempt security.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||tax-exempt - a security that is not subject to taxation|
|Adj.||1.||tax-exempt - (of goods or funds) not taxed; "tax-exempt bonds"; "an untaxed expense account"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.