Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. pl. teal or teals
1. Any of several small dabbling ducks, chiefly of the genus Anas, often having brightly marked plumage.
2. A moderate or dark bluish green to greenish blue.
[Middle English tele.]
n, pl teals or teal
1. (Animals) any of various small ducks, such as the Eurasian Anas crecca (common teal) that are related to the mallard and frequent ponds, lakes, and marshes
2. (Colours) a greenish-blue colour
[C14: related to Middle Low German tēlink, Middle Dutch tēling]
n., pl. teals, (esp. collectively) teal for 1.
1. any of several small dabbling ducks, esp. of the genus Anas.
2. Also called teal′ blue′. a medium to dark greenish blue.
[1275–1325; Middle English tele; akin to Middle Dutch tēling, teiling, Middle Low German tēlink]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||teal - a blue-green color or pigment; "they painted it a light shade of bluish green"|
cyan - a primary subtractive color for light; has a blue-green color
|2.||teal - any of various small short-necked dabbling river ducks of Europe and America|
duck - small wild or domesticated web-footed broad-billed swimming bird usually having a depressed body and short legs
|Adj.||1.||teal - of a bluish shade of green|
chromatic - being or having or characterized by hue