telpher(redirected from telferic)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A small traveling car, usually driven by electricity, suspended from or moving on an overhead rail or cable.
2. A transportation system using telphers.
tr.v. tel·phered, tel·pher·ing, tel·phers
To transport by telpher.
1. (Automotive Engineering) a load-carrying car in a telpherage
2. (Automotive Engineering)
a. another word for telpherage
b. (as modifier): a telpher line; a telpher system.
(Automotive Engineering) (tr) to transport (a load) by means of a telpherage
[C19: changed from telephore, from tele- + -phore]
ˈtelpheric, ˈtelferic adj
1. a traveling unit, car, or carrier in a telpherage.v.t.
2. to transport by means of a telpherage.
Past participle: telphered