Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. pl. ten·der·foots or ten·der·feet (-fēt′)
1. A newcomer not yet hardened to rough outdoor life; a greenhorn.
2. An inexperienced person; a novice.
3. often Tenderfoot A Boy Scout of the lowest rank.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
n, pl -foots or -feet
1. a newcomer, esp to the mines or ranches of the southwestern US
2. (Other Non-sporting Hobbies) (formerly) a beginner in the Scouts or Guides
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
n., pl. -foots, -feet (-ˌfit)
1. a raw, inexperienced person; novice.
2. a newcomer to the ranching and mining regions of the western U.S., unused to hardships.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||tenderfoot - an inexperienced person (especially someone inexperienced in outdoor living)|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005