tetramerous(redirected from tetramerously)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Having or consisting of four similar parts.
2. Having flower parts, such as sepals, petals, and stamens, in sets of four.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Biology) (esp of animals or plants) having or consisting of four parts
2. (Botany) (of certain flowers) having parts arranged in whorls of four members
[C19: from New Latin tetramerus, from Greek tetramerēs]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
te•tram•er•ous(tɛˈtræm ər əs)
1. consisting of or divided into four parts.
2. (of flowers) having the parts of a whorl arranged in fours or multiples of four.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||tetramerous - having or consisting of four similar parts; tetramerous flowers|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.