tetramerous(redirected from tetramerously)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Having or consisting of four similar parts.
2. Having flower parts, such as sepals, petals, and stamens, in sets of four.
1. (Biology) (esp of animals or plants) having or consisting of four parts
2. (Botany) (of certain flowers) having parts arranged in whorls of four members
[C19: from New Latin tetramerus, from Greek tetramerēs]
te•tram•er•ous(tɛˈtræm ər əs)
1. consisting of or divided into four parts.
2. (of flowers) having the parts of a whorl arranged in fours or multiples of four.