Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
the·at·ri·cal(thē-ăt′rĭ-kəl) also the·at·ric (-rĭk)
1. Of, relating to, or suitable for dramatic performance or the theater.
2. Marked by exaggerated self-display and unnatural behavior; affectedly dramatic.
3. Of or relating to a film that is being shown in movie theaters: The blockbuster's theatrical revenue was much higher than anticipated.
1. A stage performance, especially by amateurs.
2. theatricals Affectedly dramatic gestures or behavior; histrionics.
the·at′ri·cal′i·ty (-kăl′ĭ-tē), the·at′ri·cal·ness (-kəl-nĭs) n.