Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Having a solid, stocky form or body; stout.
2. Positioned or placed closely together.
1. stocky in build; sturdy
2. densely planted or placed
(Botany) a rare word for thicket
thick•set(adj. ˈθɪkˈsɛt; n. -ˌsɛt)
1. heavily or solidly built; stocky: a thickset wrestler.
2. set in close arrangement; dense: a thickset hedge.n.
3. a thicket.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||thickset - having a short and solid form or stature; "a wrestler of compact build"; "he was tall and heavyset"; "stocky legs"; "a thickset young man"|
|2.||thickset - planted or growing close together; "thickset trees"|
concentrated - gathered together or made less diffuse; "their concentrated efforts"; "his concentrated attention"; "concentrated study"; "a narrow thread of concentrated ore"