Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. Any of several raspberries, especially Rubus parviflorus of western North America, having edible, thimble-shaped, usually red aggregate fruit.
2. The fruit of any of these plants.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
n, pl -ries
1. (Plants) any North American raspberry, esp Rubus occidentalis, R. parviflorus, and R. odoratus, producing thimble-shaped berries
2. (Plants) any North American raspberry, esp Rubus occidentalis, R. parviflorus, and R. odoratus, producing thimble-shaped berries
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the edible fruit of a prickly North American clambering shrub, Rubus occidentalis.
2. the plant itself. Also called blackcap.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||thimbleberry - shrubby raspberry of eastern North America having showy rose to purplish flowers and red or orange thimble-shaped fruit|
|2.||thimbleberry - white-flowered raspberry of western North America and northern Mexico with thimble-shaped orange berries|
|3.||thimbleberry - raspberry native to eastern North America having black thimble-shaped fruit|
raspberry - red or black edible aggregate berries usually smaller than the related blackberries
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.