Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
1. Acquired from or through two intermediate sources: a thirdhand report.
a. Previously used by two other owners.
b. Dealing in merchandise previously used by two other owners.
gained from two intermediaries away from the original source
in a doubly indirect manner
1. previously owned by two successive people.
2. secondhand, esp. in poor condition.
3. twice removed.adv.
4. after two other users or owners.
5. by way of intermediate sources; indirectly.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||thirdhand - derived from what is primary or original by two intermediate steps; "a thirdhand report"|
secondary - being of second rank or importance or value; not direct or immediate; "the stone will be hauled to a secondary crusher"; "a secondary source"; "a secondary issue"; "secondary streams"
|Adv.||1.||thirdhand - by doubly indirect means; "I got the news thirdhand"|