thready(redirected from threadiest)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
adj. thread·i·er, thread·i·est
1. Consisting of or resembling thread; filamentous.
2. Capable of forming or tending to form threads; viscid.
3. Medicine Weak and shallow. Used of a pulse.
4. Lacking fullness of tone; thin: a thready voice.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
adj, threadier or threadiest
1. of, relating to, or resembling a thread or threads
2. (Medicine) med (of the pulse) barely perceptible; weak; fine
3. sounding thin, weak, or reedy: a thready tenor.
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
adj. i•er, i•est.
1. consisting of or resembling a thread or threads; filamentous.
2. stringy or viscid, as a liquid.
3. (of the pulse) thin and feeble.
4. (of sound, the voice, etc.) weak; feeble.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||thready - forming viscous or glutinous threads|
thick - relatively dense in consistency; "thick cream"; "thick soup"; "thick smoke"; "thick fog"
|2.||thready - thin in diameter; resembling a thread|
thin - of relatively small extent from one surface to the opposite or in cross section; "thin wire"; "a thin chiffon blouse"; "a thin book"; "a thin layer of paint"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.