Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to thruster: Ion thruster
1. A person or thing that thrusts.
2. A device that imparts thrust, such as a small rocket engine used to adjust the course or attitude of a spacecraft in flight.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a person or thing that thrusts
2. (Astronautics) Also called: vernier rocket a small rocket engine, esp one used to correct the altitude or course of a spacecraft
3. (Nautical Terms) an auxiliary propeller on a ship, capable of acting athwartships
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a small rocket attached to a spacecraft and used for producting thrust to control attitude or translational motion.
2. a propeller located in a ship's bow or stern to provide added maneuverability, as when docking.
3. a person or thing that thrusts.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||thruster - one who intrudes or pushes himself forward|
|2.||thruster - a small rocket engine that provides the thrust needed to maneuver a spacecraft|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
n (= directional rocket) → (Fein)steuerrakete f
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007