Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The nail of the thumb.
2. Computers An image of a graphic or document that is reduced in size so that it serves as an icon of a larger image. This allows multiple images to be viewed on a screen simultaneously or to be transmitted more rapidly.
1. Of, relating to, or of the size of a thumbnail.
2. Greatly reduced or limited in scale or scope: a thumbnail sketch; a thumbnail biography.
tr.v. thumb·nailed, thumb·nail·ing, thumb·nails Computers
To generate a reduced size image of (a graphic or document).
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Anatomy) the nail of the thumb
2. (modifier) concise and brief: a thumbnail sketch.
3. (Computer Science) computing a small image which can be expanded
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the nail of the thumb.
2. anything quite small or brief, as a biographical sketch.adj.
3. brief and concise: a thumbnail description of Corsica.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||thumbnail - the nail of the thumb |
fingernail - the nail at the end of a finger
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
adjective brief, short, concise, quick, compact, succinct, pithy thumbnail guides and all the tips on top destination
Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
thumbnail[ˈθʌmneɪl] n → unghia del pollice
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
n. uña del pulgar.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
thumbnailn uña del pulgar (de la mano)
English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.