thunderclap(redirected from thunderclaps)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
1. A single sharp crash of thunder.
2. Something that is startling, shocking, or unexpected.
1. (Physical Geography) a loud outburst of thunder
2. something as violent or unexpected as a clap of thunder
1. a crash of thunder.
2. something resembling a thunderclap, as in loudness or suddenness.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||thunderclap - a single sharp crash of thunder|
thunder - a booming or crashing noise caused by air expanding along the path of a bolt of lightning
|2.||thunderclap - a shocking surprise; "news of the attack came like a bombshell"|
surprise - a sudden unexpected event