tissue culture(redirected from tissue cultures)
Also found in: Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. The technique or process of maintaining or cultivating cells or tissues derived from a living organism in a culture medium.
2. A culture of cells or tissue grown by this technique or process.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Biology) the growth of small pieces of animal or plant tissue in a sterile controlled medium
2. (Biology) the tissue produced as a result of this process
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the technique or process of growing living tissue in a prepared medium.
2. the tissue so cultured.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.