Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The act or process of dressing or grooming oneself; toilet.
2. A person's dress or style of dress.
3. A gown or costume.
[French; see toilet.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
toilette(twɑːˈlɛt; French twalɛt)
usually literary another word for toilet2
[C16: from French; see toilet]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a bathroom fixture consisting of a bowl, usu. with a hinged seat and lid, and a device for flushing with water, used for defecation and urination.
2. a bathroom or washroom; lavatory.
3. a dressing room, esp. one containing a bath.
4. the act or process of dressing or grooming oneself.
5. the dress or costume of a person.
6. Archaic. a dressing table.Also, toilette (for defs. 6,8).
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||toilette - the act of dressing and preparing yourself; "he made his morning toilet and went to breakfast"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.