Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Work or ornamentation done with tools, especially stamped or gilded designs on leather.
2. The process of providing a factory with machinery in preparation for production.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) any decorative work done with a tool, esp a design stamped onto a book cover, piece of leatherwork, etc
2. (Tools) the selection, provision, and setting up of tools, esp for a machining operation
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. work or ornamentation done with a tool, as on wood, stone, or leather.
a. the process of equipping a factory with machinery and tools for a particular manufacturing process.
b. a number of tools, as in a particular factory.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
n → Punzarbeit f
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007