topicality(redirected from topicalities)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Being of current interest or relevance: topical issues.
2. Medicine Relating to, applied to, or affecting a localized area of the body, especially of the skin: a topical anesthetic.
3. Of, arranged by, or relating to a particular topic or topics: a topical concordance to the Bible.
A topical anesthetic.
[From Greek topikos, from topos, place.]
top′i·cal′i·ty (-kăl′ĭ-tē) n.
top•i•cal•i•ty(ˌtɒp ɪˈkæl ɪ ti)
n., pl. -ties.
1. the state or quality of being topical.
2. a matter of current or local interest.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||topicality - the attribute of being of interest at the present time; "the library had to discard books that had lost their topicality"|