Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Being of current interest or relevance: topical issues.
2. Medicine Relating to, applied to, or affecting a localized area of the body, especially of the skin: a topical anesthetic.
3. Of, arranged by, or relating to a particular topic or topics: a topical concordance to the Bible.
A topical anesthetic.
[From Greek topikos, from topos, place.]
top′i·cal′i·ty (-kăl′ĭ-tē) n.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
top•i•cal•i•ty(ˌtɒp ɪˈkæl ɪ ti)
n., pl. -ties.
1. the state or quality of being topical.
2. a matter of current or local interest.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||topicality - the attribute of being of interest at the present time; "the library had to discard books that had lost their topicality"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
2. (US) → localidad f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
n (of problem, event) → Aktualität f
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
topicality[ˌtɒpɪˈkælɪtɪ] n → attualità f inv
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995