Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A crest or knot of hair or feathers on the crown of the head.
2. A decorative ribbon or bow worn as a headdress.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Hairdressing & Grooming) a crest, tuft, decorative bow, chignon, etc, on the top of the head
2. (Animals) any of several European flatfishes of the genus Zeugopterus and related genera, esp Z. punctatus, which has an oval dark brown body marked with darker blotches: family Bothidae (turbot, etc)
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a tuft of hair or feathers growing on the top of the head.
2. hair fashioned into a knob or bun on top of the head.
3. a knot or bow of ribbon worn on top of the head.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||topknot - headdress consisting of a decorative ribbon or bow worn in the hair|
|2.||topknot - showy crest or knot of hair or feathers|
crest - a showy growth of e.g. feathers or skin on the head of a bird or other animal
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
topknottop-knot [ˈtɒpnɒt] n → chignon m
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
topknot[ˈtɒpnɒt] n → crocchia
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995