Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to topographical: topographical disorientation, topographical anatomy, topographical orientation
n. pl. to·pog·ra·phies
1. Detailed, precise description of a place or region.
2. Graphic representation of the surface features of a place or region on a map, indicating their relative positions and elevations.
3. A description or an analysis of a structured entity, showing the relations among its components: In the topography of the economy, several depressed areas are revealed.
a. The surface features of a place or region.
b. The surface features of an object: The topography of a crystal.
5. The surveying of the features of a place or region.
6. The study or description of an anatomical region or part.
top′o·graph′ (tŏp′ə-grăf′) n.
top′o·graph′ic (-grăf′ĭk), top′o·graph′i·cal (-ĭ-kəl) adj.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
topographical[ˌtɒpəˈgræfɪkl] ADJ → topográfico
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
topographical[ˌtɒpəˈgræfɪkəl] adj [survey, map] → topographique
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005