Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to touched: touched in the head
1. Emotionally affected; moved: very touched by the stranger's kindness.
2. Somewhat demented or mentally unbalanced.
1. moved to sympathy or emotion; affected
2. showing slight insanity
1. moved; stirred.
2. slightly crazy; unbalanced: touched in the head.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||touched - having come into contact |
untouched - not having come in contact
|2.||touched - being excited or provoked to the expression of an emotion; "too moved to speak"; "very touched by the stranger's kindness"|
affected - acted upon; influenced
emotional - of more than usual emotion; "his behavior was highly emotional"
|3.||touched - slightly insane |
insane - afflicted with or characteristic of mental derangement; "was declared insane"; "insane laughter"
1. moved, affected, upset, impressed, stirred, disturbed, melted, softened, swayed I was touched to hear that he finds me engaging.
2. mad, crazy, nuts (slang), daft (informal), batty (slang), cuckoo (informal), barmy (slang), nutty (slang), bonkers (slang, chiefly Brit.), loopy (informal), crackpot (informal), out to lunch (informal), gonzo (slang), not all there, doolally (slang), off your trolley (slang), up the pole (informal), soft in the head (informal), not right in the head, off your rocker (slang), nutty as a fruitcake (slang), wacko or whacko (informal) They thought I was a bit touched.
Afflicted with or exhibiting irrationality and mental unsoundness:
brainsick, crazy, daft, demented, disordered, distraught, dotty, insane, lunatic, mad, maniac, maniacal, mentally ill, moonstruck, off, unbalanced, unsound, wrong.
Chiefly British: crackers.
Law: non compos mentis.