Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to touched: touched in the head
1. Emotionally affected; moved: very touched by the stranger's kindness.
2. Somewhat demented or mentally unbalanced.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. moved to sympathy or emotion; affected
2. showing slight insanity
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. moved; stirred.
2. slightly crazy; unbalanced: touched in the head.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||touched - having come into contact |
untouched - not having come in contact
|2.||touched - being excited or provoked to the expression of an emotion; "too moved to speak"; "very touched by the stranger's kindness"|
affected - acted upon; influenced
emotional - of more than usual emotion; "his behavior was highly emotional"
|3.||touched - slightly insane |
insane - afflicted with or characteristic of mental derangement; "was declared insane"; "insane laughter"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
1. moved, affected, upset, impressed, stirred, disturbed, melted, softened, swayed I was touched to hear that he finds me engaging.
2. mad, crazy, nuts (slang), daft (informal), batty (slang), cuckoo (informal), barmy (slang), nutty (slang), bonkers (slang, chiefly Brit.), loopy (informal), crackpot (informal), out to lunch (informal), gonzo (slang), not all there, doolally (slang), off your trolley (slang), up the pole (informal), soft in the head (informal), not right in the head, off your rocker (slang), nutty as a fruitcake (slang), wacko or whacko (informal) They thought I was a bit touched.
Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002
Afflicted with or exhibiting irrationality and mental unsoundness:
brainsick, crazy, daft, demented, disordered, distraught, dotty, insane, lunatic, mad, maniac, maniacal, mentally ill, moonstruck, off, unbalanced, unsound, wrong.
Chiefly British: crackers.
Law: non compos mentis.
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
touched[tʌtʃt] ADJ (= crazy) → tocado, majara
he must be touched in the head! → ¡tiene que estar tocado del ala!
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
touched[ˈtʌtʃt] adj (= emotionally moved) → touché(e)
I was really touched → Cela m'a vraiment touché.
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
touched[tʌtʃt] adj (moved) → commosso/a (fam) (crazy) → tocco/a, toccato/a
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
touched→ مُتَأَثِّر dojatý rørte gerührt συγκινημένος conmovido liikuttunut touché dirnut toccato 感動した 감동한 ontroerd rørt dotknięty comovido тронутый rörd สะเทือนใจ duygulanmış xúc động 被感动的
Multilingual Translator © HarperCollins Publishers 2009