Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. One that blazes a trail.
2. An innovative leader in a field; a pioneer.
1. a leader or pioneer in a particular field
2. a person who blazes a trail
ˈtrailˌblazing adj, n
1. a person who blazes a trail for others to follow through unsettled country or wilderness.
2. a pioneer in any field of endeavor.Also called trail•break•er (ˈtreɪlˌbreɪ kər)
trail′blaze`, v.t., v.i. -blazed, -blaz•ing.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||trailblazer - someone who marks a trail by leaving blazes on trees|
|2.||trailblazer - someone who helps to open up a new line of research or technology or art|