Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to transcribed: order transcription
tr.v. tran·scribed, tran·scrib·ing, tran·scribes
1. To make a full written or typewritten copy of (dictated material, for example).
2. Computers To transfer (information) from one recording and storing system to another.
a. To adapt or arrange (a composition) for a voice or instrument other than the original.
b. To translate (a composition) from one notational system to another.
c. To reduce (live or recorded music) to notation.
4. To record, usually on tape, for broadcast at a later date.
5. Linguistics To represent (speech sounds) by phonetic symbols.
6. To translate or transliterate.
7. Biology To cause (DNA) to undergo transcription.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||transcribed - recorded for broadcast; "a transcribed announcement"; "canned laughter"|
colloquialism - a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech
recorded - set down or registered in a permanent form especially on film or tape for reproduction; "recorded music"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.