transcribed(redirected from transcribedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to transcribedly: order transcription
tr.v. tran·scribed, tran·scrib·ing, tran·scribes
1. To make a full written or typewritten copy of (dictated material, for example).
2. Computers To transfer (information) from one recording and storing system to another.
a. To adapt or arrange (a composition) for a voice or instrument other than the original.
b. To translate (a composition) from one notational system to another.
c. To reduce (live or recorded music) to notation.
4. To record, usually on tape, for broadcast at a later date.
5. Linguistics To represent (speech sounds) by phonetic symbols.
6. To translate or transliterate.
7. Biology To cause (DNA) to undergo transcription.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||transcribed - recorded for broadcast; "a transcribed announcement"; "canned laughter"|
colloquialism - a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech
recorded - set down or registered in a permanent form especially on film or tape for reproduction; "recorded music"