traumatize(redirected from traumatises)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
tr.v. trau·ma·tized, trau·ma·tiz·ing, trau·ma·tiz·es
1. To wound or injure (a tissue), as in a surgical operation.
2. To subject to psychological trauma.
1. (Pathology) (tr) to wound or injure (the body)
2. (Psychiatry) to subject or be subjected to mental trauma
ˌtraumatiˈzation, ˌtraumatiˈsation n
trau•ma•tize(ˈtraʊ məˌtaɪz, ˈtrɔ-)
v.t. -tized, -tiz•ing.
1. to cause a trauma in or to: to be traumatized by a childhood experience.
2. to injure (tissues) by force or by thermal, chemical, etc., agents.
Past participle: traumatized
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||traumatize - inflict a trauma upon|
injure - cause injuries or bodily harm to