Also found in: Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to trimerous: tetramerous
1. Having three similar segments or parts.
2. Botany Having flower parts, such as petals, sepals, and stamens, in sets of three.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Botany) (of plants) having parts arranged in groups of three
2. (Zoology) consisting of or having three parts
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
trim•er•ous(ˈtrɪm ər əs)
1. (of flowers) having members in each whorl in groups of three.
2. (of arthropods) having three segments or parts.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.