Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. pl. tri·plic·i·ties
1. The quality or condition of being triple.
2. A group or set of three.
3. In astrology, one of four groups of the zodiac, each consisting of three signs separated from each other by 120°. Also called trigon.
[Middle English, three signs of the zodiac, from Late Latin triplicitās, triplicity, from Latin triplex, triplic-, triplex; see triplex.]
n, pl -ties
1. a group of three things
2. the state of being three
3. (Astrology) astrology any of four groups, earth, air, fire, and water, each consisting of three signs of the zodiac that are thought to have something in common in their nature
[C14: from Late Latin triplicitās, from Latin triplex threefold; see triplex]
tri•plic•i•ty(trɪˈplɪs ɪ ti)
n., pl. -ties.
1. the quality or state of being triple.
2. a group or combination of three.
3. division of the 12 signs of the zodiac into four distinctive groups of three signs each.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||triplicity - (astrology) one of four groups of the zodiac where each group consists of three signs separated from each other by 120 degrees|
astrology, star divination - a pseudoscience claiming divination by the positions of the planets and sun and moon
|2.||triplicity - the property of being triple |
magnitude - the property of relative size or extent (whether large or small); "they tried to predict the magnitude of the explosion"; "about the magnitude of a small pea"