trochlear(redirected from trochlear talus)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
Related to trochlear talus: trochlea tali
1. Of, resembling, or situated near a trochlea.
2. Of or relating to the trochlear nerve.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
troch•le•ar(ˈtrɒk li ər)
1. of, pertaining to, or connected with a trochlea.
2. (of a body part or function) pulleylike.
3. (of a plant part) circular and contracted in the middle so as to resemble a pulley.n.
4. Also, troch′lear nerve`. either one of the fourth pair of cranial nerves, consisting of motor fibers that innervate certain eye muscles.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||trochlear - either of the two cranial nerves on either side that control the superior oblique muscles of the eyes|
cranial nerve - any of the 12 paired nerves that originate in the brain stem
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.