tromp(redirected from tromped on)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
v. tromped, tromp·ing, tromps Informal
1. To walk heavily and noisily; tramp.
2. To apply heavy foot pressure on something: tromped on the accelerator and sped off.
1. To trample underfoot.
2. To defeat soundly; trounce.
[Variant of tramp.]
1. (Biography) Cornelius (Martenszoon) (korˈneɪlɪs). 1629–91, Dutch admiral, who fought during the 2nd and 3rd Anglo-Dutch Wars
2. (Biography) his father, Maarten (Harpertszoon) (ˈmartən). 1598–1653, Dutch admiral, who fought in the 1st Anglo-Dutch War: killed in action
v.i., v.t. Informal.
to tramp or trample.