Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A direct line between two telephone switchboards.
2. The main line of a communications or transportation system.
1. (Telecommunications) a direct link between two telephone exchanges or switchboards that are a considerable distance apart
2. (Railways) the main route or routes on a railway
1. a major long-distance transportation line.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||trunk line - line that is the main route on a railway|
|2.||trunk line - a telephone line connecting two exchanges directly|