Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A direct line between two telephone switchboards.
2. The main line of a communications or transportation system.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Telecommunications) a direct link between two telephone exchanges or switchboards that are a considerable distance apart
2. (Railways) the main route or routes on a railway
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a major long-distance transportation line.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||trunk line - line that is the main route on a railway|
|2.||trunk line - a telephone line connecting two exchanges directly|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
trunk linen (Rail, Telec) → linea principale
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995