nephritis

(redirected from tubulointerstitial nephritis)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.

ne·phri·tis

 (nə-frī′tĭs)
n. pl. ne·phrit·i·des (-frĭt′ĭ-dēz′) or ne·phri·tis·es
Any of various acute or chronic inflammations of the kidneys, such as Bright's disease.

nephritis

(nɪˈfraɪtɪs)
n
(Pathology) inflammation of a kidney

ne•phri•tis

(nəˈfraɪ tɪs)

n.
inflammation of the kidneys, esp. in Bright's disease.
[1570–80; < Late Latin nephrītis kidney disease < Greek nephrîtis. See nephro-, -itis]
ne•phrit′ic (-ˈfrɪt ɪk) adj.

ne·phri·tis

(nə-frī′tĭs)
Inflammation of the kidneys.

nephritis

any of various acute and chronic diseases of the kidneys involving inflammation, degeneration, etc. — nephritic, nephritical, adj.
See also: Disease and Illness

nephritis

Inflammation of a kidney.
ThesaurusAntonymsRelated WordsSynonymsLegend:
Noun1.nephritis - an inflammation of the kidney
kidney disease, nephropathy, renal disorder, nephrosis - a disease affecting the kidneys
glomerulonephritis - nephritis marked by inflammation of the glomeruli of the kidney; characterized by decreased production of urine and by the presence of blood and protein in the urine and by edema
Translations

nephritis

[neˈfraɪtɪs] Nnefritis f

nephritis

nNierenentzündung f, → Nephritis f (spec)

nephritis

[nɪˈfraɪtɪs] n (Med) → nefrite f

ne·phri·tis

n. nefritis, infl. del riñón;
acute ______ aguda;
analgesic ______ analgésica;
chronic ______ crónica;
focal ______ focal;
glomerular ______ glomerular;
hemorrhagic ______ hemorrágica;
hereditary ______ hereditaria;
immune complex ______ de complejo inmune;
interstitial ______ intersticial;
lupus ______ lipomatosa;
suppurative ______ supurativa;
syphilitic ______ sifilítica.

nephritis

n nefritis f
References in periodicals archive ?
Kidneys: tubulointerstitial nephritis, cortical nodules, peripheral cortical lesions and renal pelvis involvement
These include IgG4-related lacrimal gland disease, orbital masses with proptosis, submandibular and parotid gland involvement, IgG4-related tubulointerstitial nephritis, AIP, retroperitoneal fibrosis, and hydronephrosis.
Larsen, "Diagnosis of IgG4-related tubulointerstitial nephritis," Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol.
Two (40%, cases 2 and 5) of 5 patients without posterior uveitis were treated with topical or subconjunctival steroids alone, and the remaining 3 (60%, cases 1, 3, and 4) patients had the topical steroids combined with systemic corticosteroids prescribed by internists or pediatricians mainly for the tubulointerstitial nephritis. Initial dose of corticosteroid determined by internists or pediatrician ranged from 15 to 60 mg (15mg for case 1, 30 mg for case 3, and 60 mg for case 4).
Kodati, "Lamotrigine-induced tubulointerstitial nephritis and uveitis-atypical Cogan syndrome," European Journal of Ophthalmology, vol.
It may also cause caseating granulomas and calcifications.7 Patients with brucella glomerulonephritis almost always have, proteinuria, and/or azotemia, but exact diagnosis is generally established with resolution of the clinical findings after antibiotic treatment for brucellosis.8 In case 2, microscopic haematuria, proteinuria, and increased BUN and creatinine levels were detected during the initial laboratory analysis while renal biopsy revealed acute tubulointerstitial nephritis.
The presence of CA autoantibodies has been documented in acute anterior uveitis, Graves' disease, systemic lupus erythematosus, Sjogren's syndrome, endometriosis, idiopathic chronic pancreatitis, primary biliary cirrhosis, tubulointerstitial nephritis, autoimmune hepatitis, and autoimmune cholangitis.
IgAN, primary IgA nephropathy; HTN, hypertensive nephrosclerosis; MN, membranous nephropathy; MCD, minimal change disease; TIN, tubulointerstitial nephritis; RA, renal amyloidosis; MPGN, mesangial proliferative glomerulonephritis; CrGN, crescentic glomerulonephritis; ATN, acute tubular necrosis; CIN, chronic interstitial nephritis; FSGS, focal segmental glomerular sclerosis.
It can be further complicated with renal impairment which can be due to acute tubular necrosis (ATN) or acute tubulointerstitial nephritis (ATIN) [3].
(a) Light microscopy revealed tubulointerstitial nephritis with marked infiltration by lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma (LPL) cells that were diffusely positive for CD20 (G: glomerulus; T: tubules; original magnification, x100).
A kidney biopsy revealed acute tubulointerstitial nephritis with acute tubular injury, consistent with a drug reaction or infection.