Also found in: Idioms.
Related to tumble on: tumble dry
1. To come to the ground suddenly and involuntarily:
Idiom: take a fall.
2. To undergo a sharp, rapid descent in value or price:
Idiom: take a sudden downtrend.
1. A sudden involuntary drop to the ground:
2. A usually swift downward trend, as in prices:
3. A lack of order or regular arrangement:
chaos, clutter, confusedness, confusion, derangement, disarrangement, disarray, disorder, disorderedness, disorderliness, disorganization, jumble, mess, mix-up, muddle, muss, scramble, topsy-turviness.
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.