turnabout(redirected from turnabouts)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
1. The act of turning about and facing or moving in the opposite direction.
2. A shift or change in opinion, loyalty, or allegiance.
3. A dance or party to which girls invite boys.
1. the act of turning so as to face a different direction
2. a change or reversal of opinion, attitude, etc
1. the act of turning in a different or opposite direction.
2. a change of opinion, loyalty, etc.
3. Chiefly Brit. merry-go-round.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||turnabout - a decision to reverse an earlier decision|
deciding, decision making - the cognitive process of reaching a decision; "a good executive must be good at decision making"
|2.||turnabout - turning in the opposite direction |
change of direction, reorientation - the act of changing the direction in which something is oriented
u-turn - complete reversal of direction of travel