turnery(redirected from turneries)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
n. pl. turn·er·ies
The work or workshop of a lathe operator.
n, pl -eries
1. (Crafts) objects made on a lathe
2. (Crafts) Also called: turning the process or skill of turning objects on a lathe
3. (Crafts) the workshop of a lathe operator
turn•er•y(ˈtɜr nə ri)
n., pl. -er•ies.
1. the process or art of forming or shaping objects on a lathe.
2. objects or articles fashioned on a lathe collectively.
3. a workshop where such work is done.
the process or craft of fashioning wood on a lathe.See also: Wood
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||turnery - workshop where objects are made on a lathe|
|2.||turnery - products made on a lathe|