Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A branch of a road or path leading away from a main thoroughfare, especially an exit on a highway.
2. The act or an instance of turning off.
a. One that is distasteful: The evening was a real turnoff.
b. Something that causes loss of interest.
1. a road that branches off from a larger one, esp. an exit off a highway.
2. a place at which one changes from a former course.
3. an act of turning off.
4. Slang. something or someone that makes one lose interest or excitement.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||turnoff - something causing antagonism or loss of interest|
stimulant, stimulus, stimulation, input - any stimulating information or event; acts to arouse action
colloquialism - a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech
|2.||turnoff - a side road where you can turn off; "I missed the turnoff and went 15 miles out of my way"|
đoạn đường ngoặt