turnspit(redirected from turnspits)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
a. One that turns a roasting spit.
b. A roasting spit that can be turned.
2. A dog formerly used in a treadmill to turn a roasting spit.
1. (Historical Terms) (formerly) a servant or small dog whose job was to turn the spit on which meat, poultry, etc, was roasting
2. (Cookery) a spit that can be so turned
1. a spit that rotates or can be rotated.
2. a person who turns a spit.
3. a small dog formerly used to work a treadmill that turned a spit.