Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
Related to tweedy: wilco
adj. tweed·i·er, tweed·i·est
1. Made of tweed.
2. Wearing tweeds.
3. Informal Suggestive of casual, informal taste, habits, and lifestyle: "He's rumpled and tweedy ... if he were preparing to drink a martini, he might casually stir it with his finger" (Phil McCombs).
adj, tweedier or tweediest
1. (Clothing & Fashion) of, made of, or resembling tweed
2. showing a fondness for a hearty outdoor life, usually associated with wearers of tweeds
adj. tweed•i•er, tweed•i•est.
1. made of or resembling tweed, as in texture or appearance.
2. wearing tweeds, esp. as a mark of a casual or outdoor life.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||tweedy - of textiles; having a rough surface; "a sweater knitted of nubbly homespun yarns"|
|2.||tweedy - (of country gentry) informal, clannish and outdoorsy|
upper-class - occupying the highest socioeconomic position in a society