twinkly(redirected from twinklily)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
v. twin·kled, twin·kling, twin·kles
1. To shine with slight, intermittent gleams, as distant lights or stars; flicker; glimmer. See Synonyms at flash.
2. To be bright or sparkling, as with merriment or delight: eyes that twinkled with joy.
3. To blink or wink the eyes.
4. To move about or to and fro rapidly and gracefully; flit.
To emit (light) in slight, intermittent gleams.
1. A slight, intermittent gleam of light; a sparkling flash; a glimmer.
2. A sparkle of merriment or delight in the eye.
3. A brief interval; a twinkling.
4. A rapid to-and-fro movement.
[Middle English twinklen, from Old English twinclian, frequentative of twincan, to blink.]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||twinkly - smiling with happiness or optimism; "Come to my arms, my beamish boy!"- Lewis Carroll; "a room of smiling faces"; "a round red twinkly Santa Claus"|
cheerful - being full of or promoting cheer; having or showing good spirits; "her cheerful nature"; "a cheerful greeting"; "a cheerful room"; "as cheerful as anyone confined to a hospital bed could be"