Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A dance in 2/4 time, characterized by long, sliding steps.
2. The music for this dance.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Dancing) an old-time dance in duple time
2. (Music, other) a piece of music composed for or in the rhythm of such a dance
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
n., v. -stepped, -step•ping. n.
1. a ballroom dance in duple meter, marked by sliding steps.
2. a piece of music for, or in the rhythm of, this dance.v.i.
3. to dance the two-step.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||two-step - a ballroom dance in duple meter; marked by sliding steps|
|Verb||1.||two-step - dance the two-step|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.