two-step(redirected from two-steps)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A dance in 2/4 time, characterized by long, sliding steps.
2. The music for this dance.
1. (Dancing) an old-time dance in duple time
2. (Music, other) a piece of music composed for or in the rhythm of such a dance
n., v. -stepped, -step•ping. n.
1. a ballroom dance in duple meter, marked by sliding steps.
2. a piece of music for, or in the rhythm of, this dance.v.i.
3. to dance the two-step.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||two-step - a ballroom dance in duple meter; marked by sliding steps|
|Verb||1.||two-step - dance the two-step|