Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to typic: Tupac
1. Exhibiting the qualities, traits, or characteristics that identify a kind, class, group, or category: a typical suburban community.
2. Of or relating to a representative specimen; characteristic or distinctive.
3. Conforming to a type: a composition typical of the baroque period.
4. also typ·ic (-ĭk) Of the nature of, constituting, or serving as a type; emblematic.
5. Conforming with what usually happens: The bus is late again? That's so typical!
[Late Latin typicālis, from typicus, from Greek tupikos, from tupos, impression.]
typ′i·cal·ness, typ′i·cal′i·ty (-kăl′ĭ-tē) n.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
poetic a poetic word for typical
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||typic - being or serving as an illustration of a type; "the free discussion that is emblematic of democracy"; "an action exemplary of his conduct";|
typical - exhibiting the qualities or characteristics that identify a group or kind or category; "a typical American girl"; "a typical suburban community"; "the typical car owner drives 10,000 miles a year"; "a painting typical of the Impressionist school"; "a typical romantic poem"; "a typical case of arteritis"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.