Also found in: Wikipedia.
Any of various very light recreational aircraft having a single seat or two seats, a very small engine, and usually a fixed wing. Early ultralights were essentially motorized hang gliders.
1. Very light.
2. Relating to or being an ultralight.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. weighing very little
2. (Aeronautics) aviation relating to an aircraft that weighs very little
(Aeronautics) aviation an aircraft that weighs very little
ul•tra•light(adj. ˌʌl trəˈlaɪt, ˈʌl trəˌlaɪt; n. ˈʌl trəˌlaɪt)
1. extremely lightweight in comparison with others of its kind.n.
2. something that is ultralight.
3. a light single-seat airplane.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.