aspirator(redirected from ultrasonic aspirator)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. A device for removing liquids or gases by suction, especially an instrument that uses suction to remove substances, such as mucus or serum, from a body cavity.
2. A suction pump used to create a partial vacuum.
(General Engineering) a device employing suction, such as a jet pump or one for removing fluids from a body cavity
as•pi•ra•tor(ˈæs pəˌreɪ tər)
1. an apparatus employing suction.
2. a suction pump that operates by the pressure differential created by the high-speed flow of a fluid past an intake orifice.
3. a suction instrument used in aspirating fluids from the body.