aspirator(redirected from ultrasonic aspirator)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. A device for removing liquids or gases by suction, especially an instrument that uses suction to remove substances, such as mucus or serum, from a body cavity.
2. A suction pump used to create a partial vacuum.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(General Engineering) a device employing suction, such as a jet pump or one for removing fluids from a body cavity
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
as•pi•ra•tor(ˈæs pəˌreɪ tər)
1. an apparatus employing suction.
2. a suction pump that operates by the pressure differential created by the high-speed flow of a fluid past an intake orifice.
3. a suction instrument used in aspirating fluids from the body.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.