unbendable(redirected from unbendablely)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
v. un·bent (-bĕnt′), un·bend·ing, un·bends
1. To release from mental tension, strain, or formality; relax.
2. To release (a bow, for example) from flexure or tension.
3. Nautical To untie or loosen (a rope or sail).
4. To straighten (something crooked or bent): unbend a paper clip.
1. To become less tense; relax.
2. To become less strict.
3. To become straight.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||unbendable - marked by firm determination or resolution; not shakable; "firm convictions"; "a firm mouth"; "steadfast resolve"; "a man of unbendable perseverence"; "unwavering loyalty"|
resolute - firm in purpose or belief; characterized by firmness and determination; "stood resolute against the enemy"; "faced with a resolute opposition"; "a resolute and unshakeable faith"
Firmly, often unreasonably immovable in purpose or will:
adamant, adamantine, brassbound, die-hard, grim, implacable, incompliant, inexorable, inflexible, intransigent, iron, obdurate, relentless, remorseless, rigid, stubborn, unbending, uncompliant, uncompromising, unrelenting, unyielding.
Idiom: stubborn as a mule.