unbent(redirected from unbently)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
v. un·bent (-bĕnt′), un·bend·ing, un·bends
1. To release from mental tension, strain, or formality; relax.
2. To release (a bow, for example) from flexure or tension.
3. Nautical To untie or loosen (a rope or sail).
4. To straighten (something crooked or bent): unbend a paper clip.
1. To become less tense; relax.
2. To become less strict.
3. To become straight.
the past tense and past participle of unbend
1. not bent or bowed
2. not compelled to yield or give way by force
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||unbent - not bent; "looking for an unbent nail"; "trees with straight unbent trunks make the best lumber"|
straight - having no deviations; "straight lines"; "straight roads across the desert"; "straight teeth"; "straight shoulders"
|2.||unbent - erect in posture; "sit straight"; "stood defiantly with unbowed back"|