unbound(redirected from unboundly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
Past tense and past participle of unbind.
1. Not bound: unbound manuscripts; an unbound book.
2. Freed from bonds or restraints; released: an unbound captive.
the past tense and past participle of unbind
1. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) (of a book) not bound within a cover
2. not restrained or tied down by bonds
3. (Linguistics) (of a morpheme) able to form a word by itself; free
1. pt. and pp. of unbind.adj.
2. not bound, as a book.
3. free; not attached.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||unbound - not secured within a cover; "an unbound book"|
bound - secured with a cover or binding; often used as a combining form; "bound volumes"; "leather-bound volumes"
|2.||unbound - not restrained or tied down by bonds|
free - able to act at will; not hampered; not under compulsion or restraint; "free enterprise"; "a free port"; "a free country"; "I have an hour free"; "free will"; "free of racism"; "feel free to stay as long as you wish"; "a free choice"
bound - confined by bonds; "bound and gagged hostages"
|3.||unbound - not held in chemical or physical combination|
free - unconstrained or not chemically bound in a molecule or not fixed and capable of relatively unrestricted motion; "free expansion"; "free oxygen"; "a free electron"