unclasp(redirected from unclasping)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
v. un·clasped, un·clasp·ing, un·clasps
1. To release or loosen the clasp of.
2. To release or loosen from a clasp or an embrace.
1. To become unfastened.
2. To release or relax a clasp or grasp; let go.
1. (tr) to unfasten the clasp of (something)
2. to release one's grip (upon an object)
1. to undo the clasp or clasps of; unfasten.
2. to release from the grasp.v.i.
3. to release or relax the grasp.
Past participle: unclasped
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||unclasp - release from a clasp; "She clasped and unclasped her hands"|
let go, let go of, release, relinquish - release, as from one's grip; "Let go of the door handle, please!"; "relinquish your grip on the rope--you won't fall"
clasp - hold firmly and tightly
clasp - grasp firmly; "The child clasped my hands"